Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, May 25, 2009

I slept 14 hours last night

coming home by 10, going straight to bed without bothering to feed the fish or even taking my phone, which I wake up by, with me to bed. Thankfully today is a holiday and I don't have to be anywhere until 3 pm. I woke up at noon, went out to get some prescriptions refilled and the tofu goodness, and here I am, almost time to go to work for two hours at the store.

Ahh. I have now fed the fish, eaten, and I'm going to sit in the comfy chair with the massager cushion going until time to go. It's so nice to have a break from things.

Of course, the purpose of Memorial Day is to remember those fallen in wars (and at least here in the South, we remember all our family that we've lost). I'm not near my family cemeteries this year, but they're in my thoughts and memories, and of course the men and women who have and do risk their lives to protect our country are there as well.

I'll write later.

No comments: