Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A milestone: this is post 5,000

Wow. Nearly eight years ago I started this blog, right after the events of 9/11 when everything seemed uncertain and I felt like trying to get my thoughts down somehow. Who would think that I, who have never been able to keep a diary more than a few pages long, would wind up writing nearly every day for years?

I try to mix some library-related things and news into it, but essentially this remains a personal account of what's going on in my life, my interests, and what I'm thinking of at the time. But somehow, despite such mundanity, I garnered readers--people I have never met for the most part but at the same time I am grateful for their them. Because of them, I am not typing into a vacuum but rather spitting out words that others connect to. So for what it's worth, thank you so much for your readership. I hope to continue for quite some time more. I never have felt bored by blogging, or like I'm under some sort of scrutiny. I still have fun with my blog. So I hope to make it to post #10,000 someday, Gods willing.

No comments: