Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, October 07, 2007

The veggie bacon

works even better in the microwave. I may not be able to cook on an electric stove but I do pretty well with a microwave--it comes from years of not having a stove or oven due to a landlord's incompetence and penchant for bringing me gas stoves that leaked or caught on fire. So glad I don't live there any more, especially as it was worse than I realised. When I read HP Lovecraft's Rats in the Walls I thought I heard skittering of squirrels on the roof. Little did I know there really were rats in the walls until I got the place condemned.

WARNING: SPOILER for Beyond the Mountains of Madness follows:

***************

Anyway, speaking of Lovecraft, the game is proceeding nicely. The Antarctic expedition's ship captain has been murdered. We're not even out of port yet and we're working our butts off. Meanwhile, I got to introduce a new character briefly--she pretty much got off a plane, took a train ride to Arkham, and then was picked up at the train station and taken back to Boston and was put on another plane, because there's a mission. Plus my character who's supposed to be gestating and is under a death sentence by half-daemons has to go to a funeral at her family's in Canada and I expect the whole clan to be decimated by the creatures.

Yes, and we call this fun and keep coming back for more. :)

No comments: