Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, October 27, 2007

I have food in the house

having just spent an hour in Kroger hunting and a bit of gathering. I have salad makings, potatoes, canned veggies, fresh fruit, canned fruit, tortillas, bread, macaroni and cheese, tuna, chili, Fresca, and lots of dairy products (cheese, milk, yoghurt, cottage cheese, sour cream), plus orange juice with calcium (I've been craving dairy since I broke my foot, and of course I need the calcium to help it heal). I also got some popcorn where you pour the butter over it after you microwave it (shades of the Olden Days--it's Orville Redenbacher, which was cheaper than Pop Secret), a couple of frozen meals I can take to work (Boca lasagna and a fish/broccoli/rice meal). Oh, and ice cream, but that falls under dairy, right? :) All told it was $85, which is more than I've spent at the store in a long, long time, but my cabinets were pretty much empty (I had some cereal, half a jar of peanut butter, and a couple of bean and rice mixes, plus some spinach.) Now I should be good for at least a couple of weeks. Right now I'm making a baked potato in the microwave. I've been wanting one since I made one for a friend a few days ago.

Speaking of my friend, he gave me a bag of fortune cookie, hence the new feature, 'Today's Fortune Cookie'. Today's is 'There is a true and sincere friendship between you both'. That's definitely true. (I actually had Ko Po tofu earlier from China Café, but that fortune cookie had a joke about a one-legged dog, so I consider that one a wash).

Man, that potato is good!

Well, I'm going to check the news and then putter around here a little before I go to bed. Good night.

No comments: