Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Well, I've been putting in applications

at retail places, at UK for clerical jobs, and now a library job and a job at KET for a promotion assistant. I've found that my library career has given me a lot of skills that do translate if you're creative in how you look at things. For example, I've done library marketing along with my writing and editing work (the first published, the second volunteer), so I think I've fulfilled the requirements for the KET job nicely, and one of the UK jobs is also primarily writing and editing, except its for medical and scientific articles. I've also learned a lot about computers and databases along the way, which several jobs require.

Surely someone has got to hire me. Right?

No comments: