Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, November 07, 2005

The weather is beautiful, so why do I feel crappy?

I should feel good--it's sunny and warm, with ladybugs and birds galore in the sky, but I've felt a little non-social and depressed all day. Now I'm going to go on home and see if I can get some writing done, or at least do something other than just falling asleep early like I've done the past two nights. I know part of it is that I accidentally upset a friend who thought we'd made plans for last night. It was a miscommunication, one of many, and my fault. I apologised, but things still aren't right.

Otherwise I'm doing okay. I'm a little concerned about finances; I should be okay by the 15th but I was hoping to have that paycheque for something else and to get my rent in by the 10th. But I realised I miscalculated something when putting money away towards the rent. Thank goodness for two paycheques, though. I am mildly disappointed that I can't get anything at the book fair that's coming to both places of work, one on Wednesday, and one on the 15th. If I can get back to KET from a doctor's appointment in time, though, I can give blood at the bloodmobile, since I couldn't donate last time it came to the hospital because it hadn't been long enough since the last donation. That's something, I guess.

I've been researching free stock photo sites and have found quite a few. I'm thinking about putting my name back into the Exquisite Corpse pool now that I have some art to play with.

Well, that's all for today. I'm about 80 books from my final check of the main catalogue. I've gone through 800 records in two days, and catalogued an additional 70 books. I've been VERY focussed (thanks to ADDerall) and I've gotten a lot accomplished, even feeling a little off today, so that's good, right?

I think I'll go home, get something to eat, watch the evening news, and spend some time cuddling with my dog and cat. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

No comments: