Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Well, phooey

I tried to give blood at the bloodmobile at my second job, only to find out my blood iron is too low. Not that it's so surprising, having just started my period, but still. Oh, well, there's always time to try again around the holidays. Surely they'll need it. This is what happens when I go a week without my children's vitamins. :(

Otherwise things are going well. I went to the doctor today and she's talking about taking me off of the Abilify (which is fine with me, as it is the most expensive medication I have, has the potential for some interesting and not pleasant side effects--although I haven't had any--and it's an anti-psychotic, which I probably don't really need to be on). I was originally put on it for some of the cognitive things associated with OCD, but those problems focussing might actually have been from the ADD and now is being taken care of by the ADDerall. So, we're slowly weaning me off the Abilify. Ah, finding just the right mix of brain chemistry is fun.

On the other hand, my period snuck up on me because I haven't had true PMS in a long while (although the little bit of blues I had the other day may have been a minor bit of it). Compared to the days I wanted to crash my car into the nearest building, it's postitively rosy. It still scares me that I used to feel that way, when the depression had hold of me. I'm so glad to have a respite. I'm so much more functional and I'm doing well at work and a little better socially, though there's still work to be done on that front, believe me. :)

Oh well, enough about me. The Indian summer is about to turn cold and I think it's time to enjoy a drive through the last of the warmth and go visit a friend. Good night.

No comments: