Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, March 27, 2004

Yay!

listening to: 'Downfall' by Matchbox Twenty
feeling: Tired but happy

Thanks to my wonderful step-father, John, my computer is up and running. He had a spare hard drive that we could put in to get it going again. It's nice to know I called the problem right. I went home to visit today and brought the computer with me; he took it and coaxed it to life by the time I was ready to leave (and went ahead and downloaded the Windows updates while he mowed the lawn...the man is industrious).

Anyway, I had a great time at my grandmother's and my mom's. I played with my grandmother's dog, a small tootsie-roll with large ears that defies description. My mom's dog wasn't quite sure whether I was friend or foe, though, and she lunged at my throat when I pulled some loose hair off of her (like many long-haired dogs, she 'blows' her coat in the spring. So much for obsessing on tidiness; I annoyed her, and can't really blame her, but I'll be careful about that in the future. Besides, I think she's a one-family dog, devoted to 'her' people and treating anyone not pack as a potential threat. Such is the nature of dogs.

Now, I'm tired. I've downloaded my Real Arcade games and I think I'll play a little of Feeding Frenzy and then get some sleep. 'Night.

No comments: