Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, March 25, 2004

Sad

The Making of a Palestinian 'Boy Bomber'

And even sadder that, if he does have developmental delays, that both sides have exploited him, although anyone who straps a bomb onto a kid and promises him virgins in heaven is, as far as I'm concerned, the far worse of the two.

Mind you, I don't really support Israel's stance on things, either. I'm the one who always said that maybe the Holy Land should just be taken away from both sides and the Eskimos could be given it as a vacation spot.

And, yes, I know it's a terribly complex problem, and one that as an outsider, I can afford to be flippant and don't really have to live with every day of my life. But if there's to be peace, if the killing's to stop, people are going to have to stop doing stuff like this.

No comments: