Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, March 11, 2004

By the way

I did do the interview with Heather Svokos of the Lexington Herald-Leader. It was fun. I'm interested to see how it comes out. The story should come out March 18th, so I'll keep you posted. It'll be interesting to see if the traffic goes up, or if I get weird hate mail [hopefully not the latter]. Hey, guys, it's just my take on life. Still, it's a little daunting. On the one hand, I'm pretty open in my daily life on all sorts of issues--whether it's mental health, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, etc. I try to respect people's privacy. I don't rant or swear or put people down like some blogs out there. I'm cognizant, and always have been, that this is a public arena. But I do wonder if I'm going to wind up opening a can of worms.

But the interviewer was very sensitive to these sorts of issues, checking about using my name, picture, and other details. She's the columnist who handles pretty much anything in the way of popular culture, and I've enjoyed her work (and have envied her job, because it looks fun, and she makes it look easy, although I'm sure it's not).

Anyway, the die's cast. If any of you come here because of the article, hope you have fun and if you have questions on how to do the whole blogging thing or other comments [except hate mail :)], feel free to drop me a line.

No comments: