Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, March 20, 2004

Happy Spring!

listening to: 'Salisbury Hill' by Peter Gabriel
feeling: Productive

It's finally here! Yay! (Well, some of you may have just hit Autumn). But here, we're finally getting spring. Yesterday turned out to be nice, anyway. It was much warmer and sunny in the afternoon. It was, however, a little frustrating, because my computer has--yet again--crashed. It seems to be the hard drive itself. I need to check with my step-father and see what he thinks.

So, I'm borrowing a computer to B-L-O-G. Someone who had seen the article asked how I had the time to do so much. Well, for one thing, I don't watch a lot of TV. I tend to go online instead, play games, do research, etc. I tend to like the interactive quality of the Internet better. I can usually just sit down for a couple of minutes whenever I think about it. Unfortunately, that's not possible right now. I'm not sure exactly when I'll be able to get the computer back in action. I need to finish some job applications, too, so I may have to do that by borrowing computer time. Sigh. Today, anyway, I am being productive today, over at a friend's house. :) Tonight I think I'll boil some eggs and colour them (yes, it's really a pagan thing).

It's also new moon, so it's the beginning of a lunar month. A good time for new beginnings. A time for job applications, for looking at the future. My mindset regarding change has really improved. I'm not as afraid of it. I'm looking at the good I can do with steady work and a decent salary. Things like looking at getting a house, or at least not worrying about keeping a roof over my head, and travelling, and even this. No, I don't plan on doing that today, or even in a few months. But maybe in a couple of years, if I can find the sort of stability such a job could offer.

I'm about to turn 37. I'm not giving up on finding the right 'someone', but I'm not sure it'll happen whilst I'm still able to have children. It's something to think about, anyway, and only $50 to register, and $185 a hit, so to speak. ;) I do like the amount of information you can get from the website, and the fact that it's non-profit. It does seem odd shopping for semen, though.

I don't know if I'll do it. It may be moot, as I have polycystic ovarian syndrome, and that can cause fertility issues. But I have regular cycle, and Dwana, whose much more knoweldgeable about this stuff, says that's a good sign. And she has a great doctor, should I need to have tests run.

No comments: