Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, January 25, 2004

March of the Sinister Ducks

I really meant to share this link the other day but had not gotten around to it. It's from Neil Gaiman's journal (for those who don't know, he is an author extraordinaire, best known for the cerebral Sandman comics but also for several books). I am now convinced the he and I think somewhat alike, for the sinister ducks made my day. Alan Moore, by the way, is the creative genius behind the original League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, and an odd duck in his own right. (If you don't believe me, check out his bio/picture here.) These two, along with Peter David (who wrote the best series of Star Trek novels--New Frontier--by far and the quirky Soul Searchers and Co., are probably my favourite comic book writers.

Hmmm...I think eccentric looks and odd hair must be the requirement to be a successful comic/fantasy writer, judging by the pictures I've seen in all the bios. Must work on my image. :)

No comments: