Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, January 16, 2004

Yay! Friday's back!

listening to: 'My Immortal' by Evanescence; 'You and I Both' by Jason Mraz
feeling: Serene and laid-back

1. What does it say in the signature line of your emails? 'We must not allow the clock and the calendar to blind us to the fact that each moment of life is a miracle and mystery.'--HG Wells.

2. Did you have a senior quote in your high school yearbook? What was it? If you haven't graduated yet, what would you like your quote to be? Hmm...no, we didn't do quotes. Mine probably would have been the Einstein quote 'Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.'

3. If you had vanity plates on your car, what would they read? If you already have them, what do they say? Well, I generally think of them as, well, vain. But if I did have one, I would probably go for 'VERITAS', Latin for truth, because I aspire to it.

4. Have you received any gifts with messages engraved upon them? What did the inscription say? I once received an agate pen stand with my first name engraved on a brass plate. Both plate and pen holder eventually fell off, but I still have the agate sheet; it sits on my altar and I burn incense on top of it.

5. What would you like your epitaph to be? Well, I don't plan on having a tombstone (I want to be cremated) but I would like one song played at my funeral, and it would make a good epitaph.
I close my eyes, only for a moment, and the moment's gone
All my dreams, pass before my eyes, a curiosity
Dust in the wind, all they are is dust in the wind.
Same old song, just a drop of water in an endless sea
All we do, crumbles to the ground, though we refuse to see

Dust in the wind, all we are is dust in the wind

[Now] Don't hang on, nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky
It slips away, and all your money won't another minute buy.

Dust in the wind, all we are is dust in the wind
Dust in the wind, everything is dust in the wind.--Kansas


PS Read a good joke today:

A man dies and goes to heaven. He looks around and there are lots and lots of clocks. He asks Saint Peter what the clocks are doing there. Saint Peter tells him that they are 'lie clocks'. Each person has a lie clock and the hands move whenever the person lies.

'See that one?' asks St Peter. 'That's Mother Teresa's lie clock. The hands have never moved, because she never told a lie.' He points to another. 'That's Abraham Lincoln's. It's only moved twice, because that's all he ever lied.'

The man then asks Saint Peter, 'Where is George Bush's clock?'

'Oh, that one's in Jesus' office. He's using it as a ceiling fan.'

:)

No comments: