Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, January 04, 2004

That's so sad

ABCNEWS.com : Egyptian Charter Jet Crashes, Killing 148

I suppose that it's awful that everyone's first thought these days is terrorism, but frankly, I'm not sure it matters to those left behind if their loved ones are killed by a mechanical failure instead. It's got to be wrenching regardless. And although I firmly believe that life should be lived to the fullest without overly worrying about such things, the fact of the matter is that I've never cared to fly and it's the one impediment I have for going overseas, although I think in my case it isn't so much a fear of flying as much as the loss of control...if I could fly myself, I'd feel better, even though professionals have so much more experience. Sometimes, though, the best attempts can't stop tragedy.

The families and friends of those lost are in my prayers.

No comments: