Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, January 19, 2004

Today's Quote and Well Wishes

Nil ego contulerim iucundo sanus amico. (While I am sane I shall compare nothing to the joy of a friend.)--Horace, Satires I.v.44


I'm thinking of Dwana. She left me a message this morning that there had been some complications over the weekend (she had a follicle rupture--very, very painful) but that they were going ahead with the procedue to harvest her eggs for the invitro this morning. They have to put her under and do surgery, and of course that's always a risk. It's sad and frustrating that anyone would have to go through all this just to become pregnant, and worse that there are people who never give it a thought--and who don't want to be--who have no trouble. Still, I think she would make an excellent mother, and I think her experiences have only contributed to that.

Work is so empty without her. I hope everything goes well. I'll check in this evening when she's had some time to recover. In the meantime, I'm keeping my fingers crossed, holding my breath (figuratively), and praying for the best.

No comments: