Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, January 05, 2004

I will not be silenced, no matter how much they muck with my head!

Seriously. Got this message whilst preparing to blog:
Due to planned maintenance, Blogger will be unavailable for a few hours starting at 11pm (Pacific) on Wednesday, November 12.
Thanks for your patience.

Um...okay. But it's Monday, January 5th, at 8:45 Pacific time.

Anyway, that's okay...I can always backdate it [except when it came back up...it was the one thing that wouldn't load, grrrr...but thanks anyway, guys, I know you work hard so I can babble. :)] So, instead, I'm blogging into Notebook.

Today I went back to work, which was actually rather nice. The only downside was that Dwana wasn't there, having been attacked by what I can only hope was bad fish and chips rather than a virus. I did get talk to her tonight, though.

I still haven't received my unemployment cheque, which is a bummer, seeing as I've been rolling pennies for gas. But, at least my bills are set to come out after payday (Thursday) and I've had food in the pantry. So, I'm okay for now. Still, I hope it comes tomorrow. It occurs to me that January 2nd was also a state holiday, so that could explain the delay...filing on Wednesday may have been, for all intents and purposes (as opposed to intensive purposes, which I misheard that phrase as for years), the same as filing on Sunday, meaning I should get a cheque on Tuesday. Sigh.

The first thing I did once I got to work was put up my calendars. The Gorey calendar, which I was given as a sort of antidote to work, may have to go down for a month (it's The Glorious Nosebleed, which like many Gorey books, revolves around an alphabet. However, this one includes a man flashing a child (no naughty bits exposed), and although it's tame by today's standards, it may not be the best thing in a children's hospital, even if most people don't notice.)

My Bad Girl calendar (which is a desktop flip-a-page-a-day sort of thing, by Cameron Tuttle), starts off with the following questions, and it seemed appropriate to answer them here (especially as I'll lose the piece of paper shortly).


  1. What do I really want from my life? To be living my life to the fullest--mind, body, and spirit, every day, good or bad.
  2. What makes me feel alive? Laying in the grass and listening to birds sing, with the sun on my skin.
  3. What makes me thrive? Knowing that I am loved, that I know what I'm doing, and that the results will be worth the risks.
  4. What gets my motor running? Finding something new, whether it be a book for a patron or a fact. (I'm one of those weird people who get horny doing term papers. I guess it's adrenaline.)
  5. What makes my mouth water? Pizza. Salmon steak. Chocolate. Herbed potatoes.
  6. What makes me sweat? Elliptical machines. They are so much harder for me to do than walking or biking...it sends my heart rate up much quicker, but they hurt my knees. What gives?

Well, that's enough for now. Ta.

No comments: