Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, January 01, 2004

New Year Resolutions:

    We all make them, right? Here are mine for the year:
  1. Land a job that pays me what I'm worth.
  2. Go to the gym regularly and eat healthfully.
  3. Continue to improve social skills/dealing with intimacy issues.

    Things I'd like to do (but not actually 'resolving' to do):
  1. Take an exercise class that is a precursor to belly dancing
  2. Find an outlet for singing again
  3. Take time for art
  4. Go to plays, performances, museums, historical monuments, zoos

    2003 in review:
  1. I made a wonderful friend.
  2. I lost the last of the toxic people in my life.
  3. I faced a lay off, unemployment, and eviction with a fair amount of aplomb, which isn't bad for someone who was suicidal a couple of years ago without those stressors.
  4. I (gulp!) joined a gym and actually discovered that I like to exercise.
  5. I've learned a lot more about patience.
  6. I'm now in an enviable position of having close friends and family whom I love and I can depend upon.
  7. I'm mobile (thanks Momma and John!) and therefore more independent with the car.
  8. I've improved how things are going financially, even with the cutback in pay. My student loans are consolidated and also on an unemployment deferment, so I'm in good standing with them. I haven't lost utility service in quite a while. I've been doing well with cash flow and keeping an eye on my accounts, and I've taken responsibility for mistakes I have made and met challenges head on, rather than letting issues pile up and get worse--and for the most part I've done it on my own.
  9. My luck in life seems to be turning around (maybe because of that last one), and in response I'm sharing as much of it with my friends as possible.

Not bad, all in all. :)

No comments: