Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, January 18, 2004

Ah, the weekend draws to a close...

listening to: 'Song of the Nile' by Dead Can Dance
feeling: Much better

The medicine (Rimadyl) that the vet gave me for Cerys seems to really have helped a lot. She stopped shaking, is definitely able to move around and is interested in her food (and everyone elses'). She not only recognised people today, she even tolerated the other dogs (I'd taken her over to the game with me to keep an eye on her) and even snuggled up with the annoying puppy. She didn't burrow down into covers and just lie there like she was out of it like yesterday, but came to greet Brenda and Dee when they came in, and generally was bouncy. She still needs a little help in and out of the car, or onto my lap, but her whole affect is much better. Poor puppy...she had been seeming sedate and but not abnormally slow or obviously in pain. Yesterday was the first time she'd been shuddering, so hopefully keeping her on the medicine will really help.

Today was a nice blend of working on a project, gaming, and visiting with friends. But I'm glad I'm home now. Unfortunately, I don't get tomorrow off (the hospital has never adopted Martin Luther King Day as holiday, which is a little disappointing, although it's a state holiday, so KET is shut down), but at least I don't feel quite so exhausted now.

So now I'm just chilling out and listening to some music and I might do a little reading. Hope you had a good weekend.

No comments: