Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Just got home from physical therapy

Which went well. I can tell it's helping. My muscles in my right leg don't hurt now when I drive, for example, although they do twinge when I get out of the car still. The ankle feels much better and I'm walking pretty much my normal (if somewhat slow) gait. I'm out of the boot, out of an ACE wrap, and am really doing pretty well. It's amazing what a month can do!

Today I got my package (free two-day shipping turned out to be free one-day shipping!) Go Amazon! I'm going to set it up in a few minutes. The funny thing is it's a DVR/VCR combo that allows for dubbing tapes to DVD, DVD to tapes, and recording to either from the TV (so long as it's connected to a cable box or other tuner). I'd had it sent to work because I can never get anything here at the apartment, and I told one guy in receiving but forgot to shoot an e-mail to the other. There's a DVD/VCR combo in the library, and he assumed that it was a replacement for that. So he had me sign for it, but then went back out and didn't come back in for a minute or two. We'd chatted and I'd told him what I was planning to do with it. Then he came in and asked if it was a personal item, and I said yes. Apparently he'd already sent it to maintenance to have them inspect the equipment and tag it. But he got it back immediately and had them delete it from inventory/take the sticker off. :) It was kind of amusing, although I'm sorry I forgot to warn him. Things would have gone much more smoothly. The plan is to give my little DVD (the one I won at a work event some time ago) to YKWIA and A and let them have one in the living room.

So I'm going to set it up, hopefully figure out how it works, and then I'm going to straighten up the house some, water the plants, feed the fish, and generally putter around. But first I'm going to get into something comfy. I got several compliments on my outfit today, but I discovered that I really need to invest in a black bra to go with the blouse. It has a strappy shell under a heavily embroidered black-on-black polka dotted sheer blouse, and part of my bra showed. I didn't seem to have trouble yesterday when I wore the grey one, but then I was wearing a different bra. I really should check to make sure that wasn't sticking out as well. You'd think as much as I wear black (although purple is the dominant colour in my wardrobe), I'd have a black bra. I'll have to rectify that.

We're supposed to get some really powerful weather tomorrow during the morning commute as a cold front comes through (it was about 66 degrees today). I did my best to park away from trees and anything else that might come down. It's really windy tonight already. I hope it's not too severe tomorrow. Okay, off to be productive.

No comments: