Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, January 21, 2013

Home tonight

Unlike many Americans, I don't have the Martin Luther King Jr holiday off from work. But the commute was much better than normal today because school was out. I was looking for something to come in the mail, and it was about halfway through the day that I realised that it was not coming due to a federal holiday. I did get a package via UPS today, a little point-and-shoot camera, and I suppose I was thinking the mail would run as well. Silly me. So I'm thinking the little memory card that goes into the camera will come tomorrow or the next day.

I came home after braving the wind and cold (but I'm not going to complain about our 20s when a colleague in Iowa wrote earlier that they had a balmy -2 temperature today), ate some spinach and artichoke hummus on flat bread, watered the plants, and then listened to Genesis' We Can't Dance for awhile before taking a nap.

Now I think I'm going to install some software and work on the computer for a bit. Hope you had the day off, and if not, that it went well.

No comments: