Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Almost too tired to blog

As it is, I am writing on the tablet from bed, with my knees and legs propped up on a pillow, with the fan blowing on me.

Last night I cooked for a sick friend and picked up another friend and his kids, who were stranded when their car quit on them. Then I got up very early to pick up his wife from work. Then I headed over to Tire Discounters. The good news is my brakes did not have to be changed, just adjusted. I got four new tires, a free alignment, an oil change, and got the coolant, brake, and transmission fluids flushed. Then I went to Advanced Auto Parts, got windshield wipers, and they put them on for me for free. The car is driving much better now.

I went over and cooked some more under my friend's direction, since he isn't feeling up to it. It's good practice for me. Yesterday was Brussels sprouts soup and a salad with a creamy caraway dressing. Tonight was artichoke and potato soup, a mushroom and egg dish, and Belgian endives in brown sugar and spices.

After dinner we watched 'Big Bang Theory' and recorded episodes of 'House of Anubis'. Then I took my leave. I am very tired and have stood too much today. Hence the putting my legs up. Good night.

No comments: