Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Please tell me he did not just say that

Rick Santorum On Opposition To Abortion In Cases Of Rape: 'Make The Best Out Of A Bad Situation'
GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum explained his opposition to abortion even in cases of rape during an interview Friday, saying that women who face such circumstances should "make the best out of a bad situation."

Asked by CNN's Piers Morgan what he would do if his own daughter approached him, begging for an abortion after having been raped, Santorum explained that he would counsel her to "accept this horribly created" baby, because it was still a gift from God, even if given in a "broken" way.
I think the Republican field is a bunch of yahoos, but this takes the cake. And as I get older, I find myself just as liberal as I was in my youth, just more of a realist rather than an idealist. I try not to break things down to black and white. But I don't want this guy in charge of my country, or anyone's country.

Go Obama 2012.

No comments: