Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, January 02, 2012

Happy New Year!

Or as a friend would put it, 'Happy Secular New Year', as he's Jewish and also celebrates Rosh Hoshanah. Sorry to be remiss in wishing everyone well on the actual turning of the year. I was struggling to stay up to see the ball drop, and I managed to send one tweet that automatically mapped to Facebook and to the Twitter widget here, and that was it. I didn't realise until the next morning that I forgot to make a New Year's libation. It's not strictly required, but I like to do so. So hopefully bad things won't come of that in a year many people (silly ones) think is already doomed.

Yesterday, thanks to the folks of LexTran, I was able to take the bus over to get prepared for the game, because they were actually running an abbreviated schedule on the holiday. I cleaned house, we did a grocery run, and then played till about 9 pm. We've reached what may be a big conclusion to a very annoying issue, but I'm sure there will be surprises, and I was flagging so we saved it for next time. I was in bed within a half hour of getting home and have just now woken up, having taken care to turn off any alarms. It was glorious to sleep in--I can't remember when I've done that in a good long while.

I think the plan today is to stick by the house and do some things there, maybe watch some things that are on the DVR and a movie, and finish reading The Hunger Games. I need to find some paperwork to send in, activate my prescription card, wash the dishes that can't go in the dishwasher, things like that. Oh, and a little laundry. I'm sure I'll blog, too.

Hope your year is off to a good start, too.

No comments: