Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, January 06, 2012

Ah, just in time for turning 45 this year...

Brain function can start declining 'as early as age 45'
The results of the tests show that cognitive scores declined in all categories except vocabulary - and there was a faster decline in older people.

The study found a 9.6% decline in mental reasoning in men aged 65-70 and a 7.4% decline for women of the same age.

For men and women aged 45-49, there was a 3.6% decline.

I have 'senior moments' quite often as it is, and I have a great fear of dementia (my great-grandmother had Alzheimer's; my diabetes means I'm at a higher risk for dementia as well). So you can see I didn't care for this story. It's just a reminder of how important it is to exercise the mind as well as the body.

No comments: