Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, January 30, 2012

I feel so much better

My feet are doing much better, I didn't get drowsy at all, just the tiniest of mid-afternoon slumps [better than usual] and a second Diet Coke took care of that. I was walking faster, and I felt steadier. The weather was so nice today I almost took a walk, but decided 1) I was too busy, and 2) I shouldn't overdo it, since I've been used to hobbling around like an old lady. I had more energy all day, too, because I wasn't being dragged down by pain.

Also, I have lost five pounds in the last week, doing nothing but trying to make healthier choices.

Tonight after work I went to the library to do some techie stuff. I totally lost track of time. I was there for an hour and a half. It was nice to see how busy they were. The computers were full, there were lots of people browsing, people meeting in each of the rooms set aside for that--even the copiers were being used. One family had their children doing homework at the table while the parents used the computers. It's a shame there are people out there who have no idea what the library can do for them, especially when they're in charge of funding or budget cuts. Anyone who is in charge of the chopping block should have to go visit the library and see what's going on.

I did everything I planned to do today and more, except taking the books to the clinic. I put several books into LibraryThing, using a scanner, then putting in the shelf # and tags. Tomorrow I'm going in a little early because I have a meeting at my normal arrival time and I want to get settled in first. I hope to get more books into the system.

Okay, I'm going to go do some relaxing, and get away from the computer for a bit. I picked up some CDs from the library while I was at it, so I think I'll go listen to some of that.

No comments: