Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, April 15, 2011

So sad

Mom in NY drownings tried to back out, son says: She also posted 'forgive me please for what I'm gonna do' on Facebook
The suicidal mother who loaded her four children into a minivan and drove it into New York's frigid Hudson River announced her plan on Facebook and then reportedly tried to back out at the last second but failed.

Her 10-year-old son, who swam ashore as his mom and three siblings drowned, said his mother told her children, "you're all going to die with me," but then changed her mind and tried, too late, to reverse the van out of the river, according to the woman who found the sopping wet boy.

The Facebook message, obtained by MidHudsonNews.com, was posted on LaShanda Armstrong's page at 7:13 p.m. Tuesday. It read: "I'm so sorry everyone forgive me please for what I'm gonna do.... This Is It!!!!"

Just before 8 p.m., Armstrong put her children into the van and drove into the river. Armstrong and three of the children, boys ages 5 and 2 and an 11-month-old girl, died. Ten-year-old La'Shaun Armstrong escaped.

I especially feel so sorry for that young boy. I hope he gets the counseling and love that he will need to deal with this tragedy.

No comments: