Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, April 28, 2011

I was never a big user of Delicious

But I do have an account, and I received this in an e-mail this evening:
Dear Delicious User,
Yahoo! is excited to announce that Delicious has been acquired by the founders of YouTube, Chad Hurley and Steve Chen. As creators of the largest online video platform, Hurley and Chen have firsthand expertise enabling millions of consumers to share their experiences with the world. Delicious will become part of their new Internet company, AVOS.

To continue using Delicious, you must agree to let Yahoo! transfer your bookmarks to AVOS. After a transition period and after your bookmarks are transferred, you will be subject to the AVOS terms of service and privacy policy.
So all the worries about Yahoo! dropping Delicious completely and letting it die didn't come to fruition, and perhaps there can be new life breathed into the bookmarking service. I know a lot of people use it, and will no doubt be relieved it will continue. I haven't looked at the policies yet, or decided whether I'll transfer (I need to see just what I have on the service first), but I thought I'd put that out there for those who may not have seen the message yet.

No comments: