Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Excellent blog

Mindpop. My mind disappeared. When it came back, it was not the same... by Nina Mitchell
I am a quirky young woman whose Mind went Pop. I was 26 when a stroke took away my limbs and speech.

This stroke comic book is designed to make you think. Mindpop. Strokes are hell. They have dark comedy too.

I live in Boston, in rehab, beating my stroke.
She has excellent taste in choosing images to evoke what she it talking about, discusses in short posts what it's like living after a stroke, etc., and busts stereotypes about age and strokes, as well as disability. I'm adding it to my subscriptions.

Via @leaghaire, an 'Evil atheist librarian interested in web design and technology' on Twitter from New Zealand.

No comments: