Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, April 02, 2011

I had a pretty nice birthday

John and Momma came and got me. Momma and I went to Peebles and we found a couple of blouses for me that are summery and cheerful, one of which is very much my normal style and one of which I like a great deal but would not have normally chosen. Still, I crossed several racks in the store when I saw it. Then we got some fish at Long John Silver's and went to visit my grandmother, who is not doing very well. At one point both my mom and grandmother fell asleep and so I read some more of the novel I've been working on. Turns out my mother used my gift certificate at the holidays towards a Kindle, so I finally got to hold a Kindle 3 in my hand and compare it to mine. It's so small, it doesn't look real. :) We visited for awhile and then headed back home. I got back about 4:30 pm. I finished up the notes (I'd gotten about a quarter done already) by about 6:30. I've worked on the house a bit (mostly shuffling things, around I'm afraid) but getting rid of stuff, too, waiting for dark so I could call YKWIA (it was sabbath). Now, due to my lack of sleep, I'm starting to get tired. I may go on to bed, although I'd kind of like to watch a movie--but I'm not sure I'll make it through it.

Thanks to everyone who wished me happy birthday with their texts and Facebook posts.

No comments: