Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Feeling much better

I found a CD I'd been looking for quite by accident before I took my nap, and listened to it before drifting off to sleep. It's Parallel Dreams by Loreena McKennitt, which among other things, has a lovely rendition of 'Annachie Gordon', which is a classic Scottish ballad about a maiden who is married against her will to a rich man, but dies rather than consummate the marriage on her wedding night. Her love comes home on the tide the very some day and arrives to find his true love dead, and dies there in her chamber of a broken heart.

What can I say? I'm a hopeless romantic. And I love Celtic and traditional folk music. I also love Romantic poetry, Art Nouveau and Pre-Raphaelite art, and fantasy literature. (Although I've never actually gotten into romance novels.)

No comments: