Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, February 26, 2010

Success, by the way

I am now on Actos instead of Avandia. The nurse practitioner left it up to me, but he gave me a 'fact sheet' that was put out by the maker of Avandia. It's true Actos is part of the same class and can cause congestive heart failure. I knew that. I was really more concerned with the heart attack/ischemia issue, to be honest. So I chose to try Actos instead. We'll see how that goes. The Avandia was not appreciably lowering my blood sugar, anyway, so maybe the Actos will do so. They gave me enough samples for a month plus a voucher for another free month, so that was nice.

(I didn't actually see my doctor to discuss it. He was at the desk, though, and offered me some sugar-free jelly beans that were yummy.) :)

No comments: