Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, February 15, 2010

Of course most people these days probably know

'I Dreamed a Dream' as a song sung by Susan Boyle. I was looking up the Wikipedia article on her and came across this great quote (I don't really watch awards shows, so I didn't see this at the time):
Although not eligible for the 2010 Grammy Awards, its host Stephen Colbert paid tribute to Boyle at the ceremony, telling its audience 'you may be the coolest people in the world, but this year your industry was saved by a 48-year-old Scottish cat lady in sensible shoes.'
Her story is wonderful, and gives an uplift to middle-aged cat ladies everywhere, such as myself (although currently catless). Maybe I'll learn to sing when people are around, too. I can sing (not on professional calibre, of course, but I'm a decent 1st soprano), but I'm too nervous to do it publicly, except in a chorus. I miss singing. The chorus I used to be in has rehearsals that conflict with the Cthulhu game. But if they ever change their practice night, or our game changes nights, I'm going to go back.

No comments: