Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, February 11, 2010

I picked up the orthotics today

They're thinner than I expected, but within a few minutes of putting them in my shoes, my soles felt much better. They keep my feet from rolling over. My ankle hurts a bit today due to walking over uneven ice created by slushy footprints that froze, but overall things feel better. Now whether that's partly in my head as some sort of placebo effect, I don't know. Don't get me wrong; there's pain. I only got them at 3:30 pm, for example, so I went the rest of the day without them. The real test will come tomorrow at the gas station when I'm standing and climbing the ladder. But if they feel as good tomorrow as today, I have real hope of the tendonitis and plantar fasciitis resolving themselves. Wish me luck!

No comments: