Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sorry I haven't posted much

I've been painting a project that includes a home library, hallway, bath, and closet, so that's quite a bit of work. I've finished the library and closet. I'm actually rather enjoying it, though, except for the paint on my hands and in my hair. But I'm getting so good at it I can paint and only get a very small amount of splatters anywhere on the floor.

Today I was taunted by two crows as I came out of work. It made me think of counting crows--one for sorrow, two for joy, three for a girl, and four for a boy, five for silver, six for gold, and seven for a secret never told.

The weather today was beautiful, in the mid-70s, mostly sunny, and breezy. I feel so alive on days like this. That, coupled with a beautiful full moon, made me feel very connected to nature today.

Tomorrow I work both jobs, then I paint more on Thursday. I work on Friday (the new truck night at the store) and on Saturday, and then I'm off from the store until Tuesday. Next Wednesday I have an eye appointment; I'm going to try to go ahead and get contacts, something I haven't had in awhile. I'm intrigued by the new extended, 30-day wear contacts made of breathable polymers I have a certificate for a month's supply, so I definitely want to ask the doctor about that. I'll also have him do a diabetes screen on my retinas.

I found out the other day that I'm getting a 4.5% raise at the hospital, which translates to about $30 a pay period after taxes. That's on top of the market raise I had in January, which was $1 an hour or about $40 per week. It offset the rise in deductions for my health flexible spending account to cover an increase in co-pays for my health insurance. My boss thinks this will go into effect on Thursday's deposit. That would be great, as this week I need to pay my rent and possibly my electric. I may also be getting a bonus at the store, if I've figured my time frame correctly.

Speaking of electricity, I called Kentucky Utilities today to make a payment arrangement just in case I can't pay until next Wednesday. They had a recording stating that as a result of the oeconomic hardships faced by their customers, they have suspended shut offs for non-payment, to be resumed some time in April. I thought that was nice.

Okay, it's late and I should go to bed. Goodnight.

No comments: