Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, March 08, 2009

A productive and gorgeous Saturday

Listening to R.E.M., 'Orange Crush':



The weather was beautiful today (even now, at 1:30 in the morning, the temperature is in the mid-60s)--warm and sunny. Unfortunately I had to work from 8 am to 4 pm, and I realised I don't like working at the store in the early morning because both the customers and I are grumpy. But I survived and went over to a friend's to tape in preparation for a large painting project. Tomorrow I start priming and painting.

One thing of concern today is that one of my fellow cashiers is in the hospital. She was in terrible pain when we worked together on Thursday, kept getting sick, and could barely sit up. She was sent home. Apparently they had to do exploratory surgery and found an obstruction. She'll be out at least a week, barring complications. Here's hoping she gets better very soon!

Okay, I'm tired from work and taping. Tomorrow there will be lots of painting to be had, in two rooms, a closet, and a hallway. Whew!

No comments: