Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, March 02, 2009

I got in a little while ago

Listening to 'Sunglasses at Night' by Corey Hart

after watching Hairspray with friends. It's a great movie. I think Nikki Blonsky, in her first role as an actress, did an excellent job. I even liked John Travolta's Edna, Tracy's mother and the role originated by Divine in the 1988 film and continued in the original Broadway show by Harvey Fierstein. The dancing and music was excellent. Queen Latifah's 'I Know Where I've Been' was probably my favourite song, although 'You Can't Stop the Beat' was definitely a close second. It's just a nice, feel good movie that you can't go wrong with.

Today was great. I slept a great deal, had spa time with a long, luxurious bath, and then visited with friends and watched the movie. I haven't had a day like that in a long, long time. I feel refreshed and ready for a new week and a new month. I hope your weekend went well, too.

No comments: