Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, March 22, 2009

11 1/2 hours of sleep!

I finally feel somewhat human again, and a rested human at that. The painting odyssey is still going on, but at least I got some sleep. This morning I caught up on news from my reader and cleaned off my kitchen table (I've been dumping stuff there when I come in.) I uncovered a package of tuna, so I'll have a portable lunch to take with me today. I'm pretty much to the point of only having things I have to cook in the house. Yesterday's supper was pasta made with olive oil, Italian spices, and Parmesan cheese, for example. There's not much in the house, but fortunately I get paid on Thursday. My only real concern is keeping gas in the car at this point.

Last night I got in and my neck and back were really bothering me. I never truly relax in those areas, and the muscles bunch, plus I have osteoarthritis where the neck joins the spine because my spine is 'J' shaped rather than 'S' shaped and my neck curves the opposite way of how it's supposed to, then bounces on the straight spine, putting more pressure on it. Since I don't have money for a masseuse (especially at 10 o'clock on a Friday night), I went to the comfy chair and turned on the heated massage cushion and tried to relax for about an hour. That did wonders, although it's still a bit of an issue today, but I'll probably work that out painting. I'm doing burgundy today. A friend saw a big line on my forearm the other day and thought I'd been scratched or sliced with something. Fortunately that wasn't the case.

Okay, it's 11:30 and I have to go paint at noon, so I'll sign off here for now. But I'm still alive, and hopefully when I get home I won't just collapse into sleep now, like I have been doing. I never seem to have the time to blog about everything I think is interesting enough to blog about, and lately I'm lucky to blog at all. But I'll keep trying. Now I have to go feed the fish and take a bath. Hope you're having a great weekend.

No comments: