Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I have a little time to blog this morning

because my mom called me at 8:30. It was kind of comical. I'd left the cordless phone off the cradle the night before and last night, so the battery died. Then I went to call back with my cell phone, but the minutes were low. But wait, I purchased minutes yesterday! So I pull out the ticket and go to add minutes and it's an AT&T pay-as-you-go card. I have T-Mobile. Those aren't usually returnable. But I bought it at the store I work at and the acting manager is the one who made the mistake and remembered the sale, so she said she'll return it today. Fortunately I remembered I had a backup corded phone and plugged that up so that I could call my mom back. After that, I decided I might as well stay up and go into work a little early, stopping by the store. I'm still tired (I went to bed at 4:30 last night and got up at 8:30), but at least I'm up.

Today I work at the hospital, then 3-10 at the store, then I do some more priming work on a bathroom. With all the fixtures installed now, it's proving difficult to reach everything I need to tape, but I'll figure out a way.

Yesterday was very dreary but the sun is out now and it promises to be fairly mild. I've seen a few flowers and leafing of trees and bushes. The forsythia in front of my apartment are ready to bloom. I'm so ready for spring, and it will be here on Friday, thankfully.

Okay, that's all for now. Time to finish getting ready.

No comments: