Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, September 21, 2007

Well--I got the results of my MRI

I have two stress fractures, which would explain why it hurts on the entire outer side of my foot, I suppose. I'm to wear the boot and come back in four weeks, remaining partially weight-bearing. If it gets too painful walking with the boot alone, they'll put in a prescription for crutches. I'll try to avoid that, although sometimes it hurts even while I'm in the boot, but nothing like when I'm out of it (it actually hurts this morning all the way up my lower leg, and burns, and that's after being on it just long enough to use the bathroom myself and take Cerys out. I haven't been wearing it at home unless I'm standing a lot. mainly because I tend to read with my feet up and that leads to napping, and I'm not supposed to sleep in the thing. But I may have to start putting the thing on as soon as I get home and take it off if I have a chance of napping. I've done really well at work and running errands, though--anytime I'm walking, being caught only twice somewhere I needed it without it. Ugh. Well, it's time to get ready for work. Just thought I'd share my troubles. At least everything else is going alright. :)

No comments: