Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, April 20, 2007

There was another news story this week that bothered me

another depressing one, I'm afraid. Nothing happy in the news really caught my attention, I suppose.

Local resident eyed in Peace Corps slay

Julia Campbell was a reporter who decided to join the Peace Corps and who had been teaching English in the Phillipines since October. She traveled to Battad village, in an area known for beautiful rice terraces for a sightseeing trip.

Then she disappeared, only to be found a few days later buried near a creek in a shallow grave, indicating foul play.

It's sad to think that someone who had devoted themselves and given their time to help others would come to such an end. My thoughts are with the family and friends of Ms. Campbell, who must be going through a very hard time now.

I hope they find the killer soon.

No comments: