Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, April 02, 2007

Happy Birthday to me

Listening to: Marc Broussard, 'Take Me Home'

I've spent most of it in bed so far, on purpose. Now I'm getting up and getting ready to celebrate with Indian food this evening. A friend and I are going to go to the restaurant Tandoor.

It's hard to believe I'm 40 years old! I mostly don't feel like 40, although I do in some things occasionally, like aches and pains and a decidedly mature outlook compared with that of teenagers (something that largely happened with me kicking and screaming the whole way as a result of my experiences and constant kicks in the pants by concerned onlookers). Most people think I'm in my late 20s, early 30s (the fat provides an excellent facelift), so I guess I'm doing okay for now. My mom didn't really age until she hit about 45-50, and even now I wouldn't think she's about to turn 60.

Yesterday's game was really good, although we didn't have on of the players there, got a late start, so we played until late. One of my characters has his soul in mortal peril because his sword, which is mystically linked to him, is being used to kill people. If they don't stop it, he'll continue to descend into darkness until there is nothing left to do but kill him. I rolled a botching roll to to get to all this. Bad dice. :( Meanwhile, Margaret's new character turns out to be a doctor who's a necromancer (he's related to mine) and she's decidedly unhappy about this. I think her visions of her character have flown out the window. But I think she's intrigued as well. :) Again, it came down to a dice roll. Agh.

PS Yesterday I found a snake in the rain on our back porch. Today it was sunning itself. I think a whole family of them live in the cracks in the wall of the police officer's apartment. :) I happen to like snakes, but they can still startle you, and this one did (assuming it's the same one, anyway). I know at least one person who wouldn't set foot in the backyard for that reason. :)

Well, that's it for now. I need to get ready.

No comments: