Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, April 30, 2007

Scary

Our sister gas station (same company, same road, but they're bigger and open 24/7) was robbed at gunpoint at 2:30 am Sunday morning by a white man of average build with short hair and wearing a black jacket. The robber's eyes were either colored with blue eye shadow or had blue tattoos around them, and he had tattoos on his neck and arms. He fled on foot. As far as I know, no one was hurt.

This does not make me feel safe. I had gotten to a point where I didn't worry (in the front of my mind anyway) about being robbed. Now it's definitely moved from the back burner, especially as he ran away from the scene rather than drove, so he very well may live in the area.

And blue eye shadow? That's an odd little detail.

Anyway, I reviewed some tips on the Internet for how to handle a robbery and its aftermath. I hope never to have to deal with it, though.

No comments: