Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Yay

Natalie and Upsorn, both of whom have gone on to bigger and brighter pastures, returned for lunch today. Natalie's living in Kansas now, and drove in for a visit (it's about a 10-hour drive). Anyway, it was nice to see them both.

I moved 4000 books last night for the fifth (maybe?) time in a year and I'm really tired and look like crap and feel stiff and hung over. The director of nursing pulled me aside and asked what was wrong, and was I taking care of myself. The answer to that is no, but I have three days off coming up, so today I plan on recuperating and then taking the three days to clean like mad, because my apartment is going to be inspected sometime around the 14th. I should aslo get my Internet connexion at home back today (I'd better; I paid them a week ago and the cheque's gone through), so I'm happy about that, although I chose not to renew the cable television--I was recording more than I was watching anyway. My approach to cleaning is that for every hour of scrubbing, picking up, etc., I can either play on the computer or read a book. I've received two within the last few months that I'd really like to read: the latest Amelia Peabody mystery (by Elizabeth Peters), and a compilation of Jim Butcher's Wizard for Hire books. That should keep me occupied. Oh, and I'm going to try to go to the gym, although not today--I'm too sore, and that was certainly workout enough for a couple of days!

No comments: