Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, August 10, 2006

It took me awhile to find this

Listening to: KT Tunstall 'Black Horse and the Cherry Tree'

because I misheard my PNP (psychiatric nurse practitioner), but PROVIGIL (modafinil), a medicine usually used for narcolepsy, sleep apnea, and excessive daytime sleepiness, is apparently looking good for attention deficit disorder. Once her DEA licence # comes in (sometimes this week--nurse practitioners have just been allowed to prescribe controlled substances in Kentucky), so, the next time I see her essentially, she'll prescribe it for me. It shouldn't affect my mood, and since I already have excessive daytime sleepiness, it might help that, too. Plus it's non-stimulant. I figure it's worth a try. I'm doing well off the Paxil, but being off the Adderall I can tell a difference with my attention.

Listening to: 'How to Save a Life' by the Fray

Then there are these, too:

Modafinil (Provigil)

Modafinil (Medmaster)

So, any of you had any experience on this?

No comments: