Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I've been snarled at twice today

The first was a friend who, when I knocked for awhile thinking he might be asleep, opened the door, informed me that he was trying to go to the (expletive) bathroom, then slammed it in my face. I decided it was obviously not a good time to visit and that later was a plan. So I went home and did some work for job #2 for a couple of hours, then called to enquire if his temperment had improved, but got no answer. So, he may be mad at me, but really, I don't think anyone should tolerate that kind of behaviour, and he certainly wouldn't if the roles would be reversed, so there you have it. It seemed logical to just go home and try another time.

Then my dog, who usually has a great disposition but who is part terrier and has her psychotic moments, and who has grown very sensitive about her feet in her old age--it's nigh on impossible for me to clip her claws myself--snarled and tried to bite me when I tried to pull a piece of string that had wrapped around one her claws that she was dragging about the house (I believe it was dental floss, but I haven't a clue as to how it got there, unless she went into the bathroom trash expecting a nummy treat). Well, I didn't tolerate that, either, and actually disciplined her, then made her hold still while I clipped the loose string (it had knotted around the claw). She was quite cooperative after that.

So, how is your day going?

Well, it's back to work for me. I've looked at the schedule for the upcoming week and I just work at the gas station on Saturday, so that leaves Friday free to run errands and Thursday to stop by the television station and see if I still have a job there, now that school is starting back up.

No comments: