Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, August 14, 2006

Well...

Listening to: 'All That I Am' by Rob Thomas

I asked at the rental office whether they inspected today. They had. I asked if everything were okay, and was told that Sherry, the office manager, wasn't in today but would be in tomorrow. That doesn't bode well, does it? I mean, if everything was fine, the secretary would just tell me, right?

So, I'm looking for apartments. I've decided it is neither fair to Darius to separate him from Cerys and put him on a farm where he's outside after being an inside cat for so long, lost in a shuffle of a herd, nor is it fair for me to continue living in jeopardy because he's incontinent. If it does come to moving to a new apartment, I can't move him with me. It may be a kinder thing to go ahead and put him down, as much as the thought pains me. At the same time, there's no way I can do that to Cerys. She's not incontinent; she just has an occasional accident. So of course, it's harder to find an apartment that's pet friendly, especially dog friendly, although a quiet older dog might be okay.

I'm dreading moving. On the one hand, everything is pretty much in its place and that should make it easier. On the other hand, I hate the thought of the actual physical move. Plus, my friends and family are still scarred from the last one, so I don't know if I can get any help.

Oy vey.

So, I'm looking for a one bedroom apartment that costs about $450 or less in the Lexington area. Give me a heads up if you know of anything and I'll be sure to give your name for referring me.

No comments: