Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Well, I had my car back. For a day.

It was grabbing in first gear and having trouble, so I checked the transmission fluid and it was low (because it's leaking pretty badly). I filled it up and made it almost to where I was going when it worsened, a lot of white smoke billowed out of the car, and now I can't get it to switch into reverse , for example (or at least it goes forward when I put it in reverse). All the fluid I'd put in it leaked out on the way over a couple of miles. Mind you it wasn't doing this before the engine was fixed, or at least not to that degree.

Sigh.

It's back on the buses for me, at least for now. I'll have to see how much it will cost to replace the gasket where the leak is most likely and to see if I've lost my transmission. I don't think so, because otherwise it would be locked up, from what I gather. I've loaned some money to a friend who's going to pay me back on Friday, so hopefully between the gas station cheque and that I'll be able to cover the repairs.

No comments: