Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I have to start over

in the history department, according to the director of graduate studies, because I've exceeded the time-limit for an MA. But if I understand correctly, that means I can apply to the PhD programme and just earn the master's on the way, so in a way it's a good thing I applied for the MA the first time. I don't want to go into a lot more debt, so I may see about getting grants, scholarships, or assistantships--or at least save up some money for the first semester or two of school--but that may mean putting off returning until next fall, and that's okay. I don't want to start unless I can finish this time. I'm more focussed since being treated for ADHD, too, and my memory's better. I think my anxiety is better, too. I'm more mature by far this time, too. So wish me luck.

No comments: