Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I feel much better this morning

I even got to work an hour early today, so I could take my time getting settled, have breakfast, etc., before starting work. Why do I feel better? Well...

  1. It's sunny.
  2. I have all my meds, including the paroxetine, Adderall, and allergy meds, which I was out of yesterday and unable to take.
  3. My blood sugar is better today, probably because I actually remembered to take both doses yesterday of my metformin.
  4. I had a leisurely bath this morning.


At least I think that's why I feel better. I also set up a sharps container at my desk and put lancets and alcohol pads in the drawers since I check my blood sugar every morning, usually at work. I keep some with the metre, which goes with me everywhere, for times when I might be feeling bad or on weekends. It feels good to take care of myself. I'm not usually that good at it; I tend to put others ahead of myself or play the martyr instead, something I'm trying to get away from.

No comments: