Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Good news, bad news

The good news is the car is being fixed. The bad news is it was the engine, which means it's going to be expensive, although not as bad as it could be. My mom and stepdad found a motor with 66,000 miles on it for $425, and it will cost about $375+ in labour to put it in, but then I should be able to drive it for a good while. They're getting the motor on Friday. I don't know how long it will take to put it in, maybe a couple of weeks(?) Momma and John are paying for the fix, although I've offered to pay maybe $100 a month towards it, since it's so much (that's a pretty substantial birthday present, and I don't want them to be caught without anything that they might need.

Today at work, we celebrated my birthday with pies from Missy's (a branch of Ramsey's). I had coconut cream. It was very nummy. I also have some beautiful daffodils and narcissi on my desk courtesy of JA. Thanks to all the girls for making my birthday special.

So I might get the car back soon. In the meantime, I'm waiting around after work for about an hour for the next bus out. I'm going to get my paycheque (I was down to my last dollar, which coincidentally is the amount of the busride) from the gas station, cash it, and get some things I need. Then it's back home for me. Hope your day is pleasant.

No comments: